After a car accident, victims with injuries often have many questions. Should they see a doctor? How can they get compensation? Should they call an attorney or handle their case themselves? The truth is that there are many reasons why you should call an attorney to help handle your injury case. First and foremost, an experienced personal injury lawyer can answer the many questions you have and address any concerns you may have about your case or the legal process. In addition, it allows you to focus on your health and working through your medical treatment. Still, we understand that many are often hesitant to contact an attorney, due to fears regarding attorneys’ fees or taking “legal action.” We hope that the below information will explain how your Arizona Injury Lawyers can benefit your personal injury case.
Don’t Be Afraid to Call An Attorney Right Away
- The timing of retaining an attorney will not affect your legal fees. Personal injury lawyers generally do not charge hourly fees. Rather, they usually employ a contingent fee arrangement with their clients, which means they take a percentage of any recovery obtained. In other words, your injury attorney is not compensated until you are.
- Retaining an attorney sooner rather than later will protect your rights. Many injury victims are surprised to learn that the things that they say and do after an accident can affect their ability to recover compensation. For example, statements you make to the insurance company may imply that you were partially at fault, and things you post on social media may be used as evidence that your injuries are not as serious as you are claiming. When you retain a lawyer, he or she will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf and advise you about how your actions could affect your legal rights.
Benefits of Seeking Legal Representation
When you secure an attorney early in this process, you are giving your lawyer a chance to obtain and preserve all evidence needed to prove liability in this case. An injury attorney in Phoenix will understand the legal processes involved and will ensure you meet all deadlines so you receive maximum compensation for your claim.
- Handling inaccuracies. An attorney will be able to notice and handle any inaccuracies in the initial accident or police reports.
- Protecting your rights with insurance carriers. The at-fault party’s insurance carrier will likely notify you very soon after an accident occurs, and they have one goal in mind – to get you to say something that will allow them to justify denying your claim or paying you less than you are entitled to. An attorney will ensure that they are the ones to speak to the insurance carriers to make sure they do not take advantage of you.
- Handling negotiations with other parties. Negotiating a settlement is somewhat of an art form, and an attorney will have extensive experience handling this part of the process. They will know when to push for more compensation and keep you from becoming the victim of lowball offers. Furthermore, your attorney will leave no stone left unturned to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. This includes identifying all appropriate defendants or insurance policies that are applicable to your claim.
- Preparing for litigation and trial if necessary. Litigating a personal injury case is no small task. If the insurance carrier or at-fault party refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney will have the resources and capability to passionately litigate your case all the way through trial if necessary.
Call Torgenson Law today to schedule a free consultation
If you have been injured in an accident caused by someone else, you should contact our office immediately. To schedule a free case evaluation with an injury lawyer call our office today at (602) 759-0012 or contact us online.
The post Should You Contact an Arizona Injury Lawyer for Your Car Crash? appeared first on Torgenson Law.