The last thing any person expects when they are on a boat enjoying the waterways in Arizona is that they will be involved in an accident. Unfortunately, boat accidents do occur, and they can result in serious injuries for those involved. Even accidents that do not result in major injuries can cause significant property damage. Here, we want to discuss what happens if you were involved in a boat accident at the Grand Canyon. It is important to point out that Arizona law still applies when it comes to boating accidents in the Canyon.
Steps to Take After a Boat Accident Occurs in the Grand Canyon
If you are involved in any type of boating accident in this state, it is important to understand that the Arizona Game and Fish department requires that you follow certain steps.
- The operator of any water vessel involved in an accident that results in an injury or property damage must immediately stop the vessel and provide their name and address, as well as the name and address of the vessel’s owner, to the injured party.
- The operator of a vessel involved in a boating accident has to render reasonable assistance and report the incident to the local law enforcement agency responsible for waterway patrol.
- The operator of the vessel involved in an accident has to file a report directly with the Arizona Game and Fish Department within 48 hours if the incident resulted in a death. If there was a serious injury involved in the incident or property damage worth more than $500, the report must be filed with the department within five days.
- It is critical for any person involved in a boating accident to seek medical care as soon as possible. Not only is this crucial for the well-being of those involved, but it also establishes a direct link between the crash and any injuries that occur. This will be beneficial when it comes to obtaining a settlement from an insurance carrier or the at-fault party involved.
You Need to Speak to an Attorney as Soon as Possible
If you or somebody you care about has been involved in a boating accident in the Grand Canyon, you need to speak to a skilled Arizona boat accident lawyer as soon as possible. Boat accident cases can become incredibly complex, particularly when trying to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
A boat accident lawyer in Arizona will handle every aspect of these incidents on behalf of their client. This will include using their resources to investigate the incident and obtain any evidence needed to prove liability. Additionally, a Phoenix boat accident attorney will work with trusted medical and economic professionals to help calculate the total expected expenses of the victim and will then work to obtain a fair settlement for their losses.
Crash victims could be entitled to various types of compensation from the at-fault boat operator in these cases. This could include the following:
- Any medical bills related to the boat crash
- Lost income if the victim cannot work while they recover
- General household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damage
The total amount of compensation a Grand Canyon boat crash victim receives will vary depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding each particular situation.
Additional Information: Boating Safety Tips
The post What to do After a Boat Accident at the Grand Canyon appeared first on Torgenson Law.